The Procurement Department of the Ecological Fund Office under the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, is saddled with the responsibility of ensuring that Due Procurement Process is utilized in the award, execution and payment for projects under the Office. Though, most Projects executed under the Office are emergency innature and therefore require urgent attention, the Department has been ensuring that the provisions of Public Procurement Act, 2007 are adhered to.
PROCUREMENT DUTIES AND SCHEDULE
The Procurement Department is charged with the following duties and responsibilities
- Secretariat of the Ecological Fund Tenders Board.
- Secretariat of the Ecological Fund’s Procurement Planning Committee (PPC).
- Handling and co-ordination of all processes leading to the procurement of goods, works and services in the Ecological Fund Office.
- Liaising and Processing to the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP), relevant procurement contracts as stipulated in the Procurement Act for Certificate of ‘No Objection’ for awards.
- Carrying out of Procurement Audit.
- Procurement Compliance to ascertain value for money.
- Maintaining accurate and comprehensive records of all procurement proceedings.
- Any other duties/functions that may be assigned by the Accounting Officer that may be necessary to enhance the Procurement Department.